Mrs PymMrs Pym with her three sons in 1898, only one survived the 1914-18 war.






Teacher and children of Canwick School 1925-26 about the year the school closed.Teacher and pupils

servantsSome Hall servants before 1914.  The two joiners were Ben Taylor (L) and John Marshall (R).  They were both active after 1945, Ben living on the Hillside, John at the Post Office (the brick house at the east end of School Lane).  The head gardener (seated) was probably Mr Green.  A post card from the Maurice Hodson collection.

Canwick HallCanwick Hall from the lawn in 1893, a photo found in the Sibthorps' fishing lodge in Norway by Penny Smith. 
Canwick Hall from the same view in 1997, after the 1913 rebuild of the wings.
View from the top of the Park 1893 (courtesy of P Smith).  The Sewage Pumping Station to the Right, with the surviving cottages near the Household Waste Site to the left of it.
The high level avoiding (railway) line in the middle foreground with archway through for cattle.  The housing along Monks Road does not go further out than the Arboretum. hallview1
Hall View
From a similar standpoint in 2000, with the 1911 Titanic works, 1000 ft long dominating the scene.
Photographs and information kindly supplied by Dennis Mills
Local historians Dennis and Joan Mills have also researched articles on Canwick in general and the Sibthorp family in particular. Click here for more information.